THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 24 February 2018

somakAnta : 40 Years of Songwriting




After 40 years of songwriting, as you can imagine, I have experimented with all kinds of music. 

Whilst I was in India touring in my thirties, I absolutely fell in love with Sanskrit mantra. 

The sanskrit word somaKanta means 'Beloved of the Moon' or 'Moon Beloved'. I recorded the vocals for the track at midnight, chanting in the light of the moon.

somAkanta from my album 'The Mantra Experiments'. I am performing with the lovely Shey Edlington and her magnificent handpan. 

The Mantra Experiments is available as a download at BANDCAMP. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it.

Recorded by my rock, Jeff at our home studio in West Wales.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.