THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Friday 26 January 2018

How to teach an old dog, new tricks






















It's been a tricky week here. Poor little Maisy has hurt her leg and the vet had to do X-rays. We're to keep her completely still for 2 weeks. Have you tried to keep a King Charles Spaniel still?

So, I have to stay with her, which is actually very lovely, but I wondered what could I do with my time whilst I am at home with her? 

I decided to write a long list of all the things I wished I could in terms of graphic design. I already make websites and am using these skills to reinvent and re-brand my new and exciting creative venture. However, there are things I wished I could do that I thought were beyond me BUT I was wrong!

Having a long list and time on my hands, I went on youtube and found all the best tutorials for the things I yearned to learn. 

I pieced together a 2 day course for myself. As you can guess, one of the things I wanted to learn was how to make inkblot pictures like the one I have designed at the top of this blog ... oh I am feeling really rather chuffed with myself. Off course, now I need to learn how to make transparent backgrounds so that I have the option of the image without the background. 

So, I am compiling a new list for next week, because now that I have enabled myself to be my own teacher, I reckon I can fly beyond skies the limit ...

What would you like to teach yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.