THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 24 June 2017

Stepping into the light





This photograph is of the inside of a tree that has been chopped down in our woods. You can see how old she was by all the rings and cracks but in editing this image, these crevices are where the light comes in. The light is shining through my cracks this week and I am stepping into it with a lightness of heart. I have my new hearing aid & it really is a miracle. Every time I hear something that I have missed, I weep with joy, write poems about it and sing in my heart so that my whole body dances within. When I put the hearing aid on, it is as if someone has turned the light on.

In 3 months, I go back to audiology and if things have gone well, I get the 2nd one. I can't wait.

My tinnitus is much less noticeable when I have it on and built into it there is a tinnitus surpressor. Off course, I have to take it off at night but I have been given tinnitus supressors to put into my pillow. I haven't tried them yet but I will let you know how I get on.

Off course, now that I can hear my own voice in my head, I have been singing. I didn't think I would ever hear my voice again. When I sing now, I can feel it in every single cell of my body.

I could list a 1000 things that have touched me since getting this amazing piece of technology, but instead I will pluck up the courage to record the poems that I have written and share them with you because they say everything and more.

If you have hearing difficulties, please get some help because truthfully, my hearing aid has given me back my quality of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.