THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Thursday 11 May 2017

The Smiling Labyrinth : What Women Get Up to In Their Shed

On Thursdays, Jeff  gives guitar lessons in our little cottage, which, as you can imagine, is a bit of a problem for me, now that I am living with tinnitus and hyperacusis, so I decided to tuck myself up in my shed.

I thought I might make a little booklet for a friend, showing her how to draw a Labyrinth ... 




And as I was working on the front cover ... I turned the little labyrinth around ...



... to find that upside labyrinths are actually smiling faces, which I have to say, filled my heart with joy and made me view them in a new way. I have always loved labyrinths, intrigued by their ancient origins and sacred nature ... but actually, not only do they foster deep reflective thought for mindfulness, they are also smiling at us. 

Then I got to thinking how this is a lesson for life. What if my hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis were turned on their heads? What if they are in fact, an opportunity to start again, making new, nurturing choices about my life. I am going to sit with that for a while ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.