THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 21 February 2017

All or Nothing


Well, in true me fashion, I am doing that all or nothing thing. I've always been the same. If I am passionate about something, I'm on fire! I don't eat or sleep or think about anything other than that thing ... and right now that thing is ... a total immersion in the creative digital world. 


Actually, total immersion is not quite true because I still find time to got to the beach and the woods and the ashram ... and to meditate ... Oh yes and to do my other contracts ... but the rest of the time, I am pushing myself beyond what I thought myself capable, & I love that! I love the surprise I get when I learn things beyond me ... even now at 51 years of age, I am shocked to find that I am in fact, not the flibberty gibbet that Miss Brown convinced me I was, all those years ago. Bless her, she did like to tell us Gals what for. I wonder what she would make of it all.



I remember going to see her when I was about 14 and asking please could we do typing like other schools. 'If you wanted to type,' she snorted,' you should have gone to the comprehensive.' 

How funny. We all need these skills now but Miss Brown had science & maths in her eyes for us gals and nothing else counted, except perhaps hockey, which was my saving grace, being one of the only gals brave enough to put on the goal keeper protector shields and come out baring teeth, but that's another story for another time.

So, here I am spending 12 maybe 14 hours at a time transfixed and transported to another dimension, a digital dimension. And it has made me realise that there is quite literally a Universe of opportunity out there that could be reached whilst still wearing my pyjamas & cuddling up to Maisybobs (woof).



So, I have set about creating a new potential online business for myself. I am so excited about it I can barely breathe. It brings together everything that I am but running a business online is such a steep learning curve. 

I think what has given me this enormous lift is securing the Digital Creative Developer Contract for the Storytelling & Health International Conference, creating a website resource for new storytellers in well being.


I thought I knew a lot about social media but since starting the contract a month ago I would say my digital knowledge base is at least twice what it was. And off course, these skills are wonderful to then apply to my own creativity. So, not only do I get to do what I love doing, learning experimenting and creating digital loveliness, I also get to push my own creative digital boundaries for my own work. Seriously, my brain feels like it's wired.


One final thought ... 'Being' the Arts in the way that I am, is truly wonderful. Sorry to say Miss Brown, it gives me more joy than any amount of Science & Maths ever could have.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.