THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 14 August 2013

MOOCHING AROUND MINSK QUIZ?

 
Whilst in Minsk we had a bit of a mooch around.
Now then, I expect we were told by the translators what some of these things are, what their significance is ...
 

But sadly, I didn't take notes & I can't remember!
 
 ... This sculpture, for instance, was above the shopping centre ... that's all I can tell you!


And this is the Volunteer Team sat by ...
a fountain!

 
I love this sculpture of ... ?

 


This is my attempt at an arty shot 
in the City Centre

 
This magnificent sculpture is outside a church

 
This beautiful church ...
but I'm afraid I don't know what it's called!



Ah, now then, I do know that this is an Opera House/House of Culture and it is on one of the many bank notes of Belarus. It really is an awesome building but it was closed so we couldn't get in for a look


 
I took quite a few pictures of the very impressive sculptures outside this building ...

 Which, it transpired, was a zoo,  so I'm not going to put them up ...


 
This is a very famous writer ... I don't know who! But this sculpture was HUGE and took my breath away, sitting under the willow in the park.
What a wonderful tribute.
 
I'm starting to think this could be a quiz!
If you know who and where these pics were taken, please write and say!
 


This is part of a 2nd World War Memorial
in the underground and below is the picture taken above the memorial.

 
 
And this is a poster of some meerkats on the underground, which hasn't come out very well, but made me smile so I thought I'd share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.