THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 2 March 2013

Ganjo Style


Just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Mark Jones (obviously on the left!) who has been helping me to promote my #dragontree Mad Man show reel on Youtube.





Mark runs a business called The A-Gent. He promotes artists and represents them, but what people don't know about Mark, is that he is actually a gifted strategic thinker who does so much for his local and entertainment community.



But let's start with his creativity!


 
 
Mark is a funny man, a very funny man! Just being in his company makes you smile, which is why he is a regular at high profile events. As a networker he is unsurpassable! He has, what my Nan would have called, funny bones.

I first met Mark many years ago, when I was a younger woman and used to go out to night clubs dancing with my sister (still do on the sly, but don't tell anyone!) Anyways, at the end of the night, we would all end up in the kebab shop, which became almost like a second night out, and Mark (a tad worse for wear, it has to be said) would come and sit with us. Well, we would be laughing our heads off!

Then, when I joined facebook, I noticed Mark was making comedy films for youtube with a character he has invented called Ganjo! The character, in my humble opinion, is a sort of cross between Keith Lemon and the opera singer role in Go Compere!! Mark writes all his own material, directs his own skits and works tirelessly to get his work out there.

I think some people confuse Ganjo with the Mark the businessman ... one is ferociously funny, the other a ferocious and uber-competant entrenpeneur! Yet both are lovely to spend time with!
 
So, why do I think he is a clever strategic thinker?
 
A friend of my sister's was up for Miss Wales. She needed to raise funds as part of the competition. I gave her some advice and support because she really is a lovely girl, although to be honest, Beauty Contests don't sit well with me, still politics aside, she's my sister's friend, and any friend of my sister's, is a friend of mine. She told me Mark was also helping her, so I contacted him to see what he was doing. And this is where I really sat up and thought ... now that is clever!!!
 
He hadn't managed to raise any money but a chewing gum factory had offered to give him literally 1000's of packets of chewing gum!!
 
What on earth are you going to do with all of that? I said ... and he proceeded to tell me how he had managed to get a football stadium to open their doors for him for free, and he was bringing together people to make a record breaking attempt at the most people chewing gum at the same time.
 
It was a £1 to enter and you got a free packet of chewing gum!! GENIUS!! How to get 1000's of people to spend a £1 on a packet of chewing gum, whilst raising money for a cancer charity!!!
 
You see how his unique and quirky take of the world permeates his business thinking ... s
 
o I rang him and we had a business meeting ... we sat and giggled and laughed all afternoon in the golf club and I seriously felt as though we'd been friends for years and then I remembered, off course, we kind of had!!
 
So, thank you Mark, from the bottom of my heart for all your help and I hope that we can work together very soon in the future, because my friend, you are proof, that working hard and having fun, can go hand in hand.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.