THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Tabl Wyneb Glas



 
Been in the studio today for a 12 hour stint editing but our system is so old it's all real time ...
 
So in the slots where I was waiting for the technical stuff to do its thang .. helped by Engineer Exta-ordinaire Jeff Beer, I decided to make my Mr Blue Face Table ...
Tabl Wyneb Glas


 
 
I had a thought in my head that I needed a table in the Bi Lingual Arts Installation Exhibition where I could put my journals, and a Visitors Book to record who has seen the exhibition and for comments.
 

 
As luck would have it, I picked  up an old coffee table in the second hand shop for a fiver!
 
 

 
I was at a car boot sale and I found a damaged copy of Under Milk Wood

 
So I had this idea to make a Tabl Wyneb Glas ...
The table represents the song Mr Blueface about The Dylan Thomas Trail

 
I scored the table, using upva and water.
 
It's lifted a bit but after about 5 coats
it seems to be sticking ok.
 
 
So then I printed out my lyrics to Mr Blueface that have been kindly translated for me by Chaired and Crowned Bard, Ceri Wyn Jones ...

 
And have put the welsh on one side of parcel tags ... And english on the other

 
I'm going to hang these on the bars under the table .. thinking I'll use blue ribbon of different lengths. This will then link to my song Dance of the Ribbons, along with the ribbon stick that Dai Collage will be holding, made from a piece of drift wood ... and red ribbon to represent
a dragon's tongue.
 
I can't tell you what good fun it is and how soul lifting it is, having the time to make things for my own production. Having a grant from The Arts Council of Wales gives me this time out from my community arts work and enables me to apply all the things I use to engage others ...
to engage myself!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.