THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Elvis has left the Building!






Well, I went for my 'Try Before You Buy' at the Caravan Park .. it was idyllic!







Peaceful & calm. The caravan was STUNNING! Just like a little house. Wood laminate floor, brand new kitchen and the view .. oh the VIEW!!




I whipped out the ink pencils that Sam and Amie had lent me and started to paint, had a bit of a jam on my ukulele, cooked tea on the little stove and all was right with the world!

UNTIL AN ELVIS PRESLEY IMPERSONATOR STARTED SINGING ON THE LOUDEST PA SYSTEM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


My retreat, my escape, my bit of space for myself, punctuated by Blue Suede Shoes!

We were going to go home but it seemed a bit rude when Carwyn had been kind enough to arrange the night. It dawned on me that actually, a Holiday Caravan Site is going to be full of Holiday Makers! I know it seems a bit stupid of me not realising this before! The Clubhouse overlooked our van almost window for window. We closed the curtains.

In the end we went into the village to escape it but he was still
All Shook Up even when we got back!

The bed was very comfortable, the van was lovely and warm, the staff couldn't do enough for us, the restaurant was great ... but sadly it is not for me ... not unless Caravan Carwyn can magic up something tucked away quietly with a view ...

For now, Elvis has definitely left the building!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.