THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Dai Collage! The Transformation Begins!



How to turn a 6 ft 2 plastic ex shop model into
A Welsh Language Translator

Jeff drills the holes into is his stomach (ouch) and cuts a square out of his back(looks a bit CSI to me!) to fit the speaker adapted from an old CD player of mine, so Dai becomes a speaker ready to house the welsh language translation of my production.



Now for his skin!



Using recycled newspapers from the west wales coast line
the collage starts ...


Paper maché: Have used 50/50 PVA and Water glue



And it sticks a treat




Just a bit of patience now ...





Have sat him on a stool in the lounge so that when there's a spare 5 minutes, whoever is passing can help out with sticking a bit on,
then it will be done in no time!

I have cut out all the relevant stories that I want for the top layer so that he is a good read.

Once all the scripts and lyrics are complete, I will get them translated and then find welsh speakers from around the west wales coast line to do recorded readings, which I will edit and mix with music, played through Dai ... if you'd like to take part in some recordings email cherylbeermusic@gmail.com

Dai will be the introductory installation before the live performances ...

This is the point where if I were on Blue Peter I'd whip out a finished collage translator and say ... 'Here's one  made earlier!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.