THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Thursday 8 March 2018

100 Notes for Dylan




Today's share is a podcast that I made for Welsh Poet & Broadcaster, Mab Jones, when I was the Resident Poet at the Dylan Thomas Boathouse for the Dylan Thomas Centenary Celebrations DT100. 


What a great honour to be invited to celebrate Dylan's work in this way. It is a residency that will stay with me forever. I met folk from all over the world who came as pilgrims to 'be' in Dylan's creative space.
























For a whole month, I worked with visitors to the Boathouse to create a very long piece, where every line is from a different visitor.


We made all the lines into poetry bunting which we hung on the entrance steps as folk came in, using stamps and string from the years that Dylan and his family lived in Laugharne.
















If you would like to hear other tracks from my 40 year career, they are available on Bandcamp ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.