THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 29 July 2017

Experimenting with Story




If you read my last blog post, you'll understand why I was inspired to start writing a story about my beautiful rag doll today. 

Here she is before she retired from storytelling in schools.



Thing is, as a storyteller, I find it easy to make the words reach out to people through spoken word. I have been doing it for years, it trips off the tongue but I can no longer go into schools since my hearing conditions. In response, I am trying to capture the thrill of storytelling in written word. But once typed, my stories lose something and I get really despondent about the piece.

A parcel came today, wrapped in lovey brown paper, so I decided to experiment with writing the story on this more interesting medium.

I am not sure why, but knelt on my slate kitchen floor, writing onto recycled brown paper captivated me, excited me. 

I need to find a way that my story books become cornfields filled with poppies rather than cages for words. If you have any suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.