THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Sunday 26 March 2017

Gayatri Mantra & The Ice Portal



I am so excited that Fine Artist, Kate Bell invited me to collaborate with her on her new time lapse film : Ice Portal. 

She has used my recording of the Gayatri Mantra from my 'apples in the rain' album, recorded in an old church in Lower Normandy, and edited it with her innovative ice melt time lapse film. 

I have followed Kate’s artistic journey on facebook through her MA to her studio and now, beyond.

Ice Portal is shown as part of the finale for an exciting new exhibition that marks International Women’s Day at Cinema & Co. Owner Anna Redfern & local artists Rose Davies, Sylvie Evans & Patricia McKenna curated a stunning show featuring over 20 of Swansea’s professional female artists, presenting a feast of both figurative and non-figurative work in a variety of media.


And now I am part of this celebration too! Thanks Kate. 

The Gayatri Mantra is the oldest known mantra @4000 years. I really like the significance of how the elements have remained the same throughout all this time, that mantra is ancient yet time lapses to the same now.



You can see the film on 29th March at Cinema & Co. as part of Women of Many Dimension Exhibition. www.enjoyswanseabay.com/events/w-m-d-women-many-dimensions/


If you don’t make it, watch out on here because Kate & I really want to share it with you after the exhibition. 

Meanwhile, you can purchase my version of the Gayatri Mantra at my bandcamp. It is on my apples in the rain album: 


And you can check out Kate’s body of work at www.katebellart.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.