THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Monday 5 October 2015

Listening to the Universe




 My dear friends

While in France chanting mantra in an orchard for the month of September, I struggled to blog for a number of reasons. First, the blooming internet coverage was a tad patchy but even when I could get on line, I could not get blogger to upload. 

I carried on writing but went completely old school. Yes, a pen and paper! And do you know what, it felt wonderful.



Also while I was there, I started making concertina books. 


Alison Smith who owns the gites is an Artist and she showed me how to make some lovely books and taking her lead I got myself well and truly book - hooked. 



So, this is what I think is going to happen now, although I am leaving space for the idea to grow. I am going to write a book about my time in France, sat under the apple tree in the orchard. You know, a strange thing happens when you spend this amount of time with a tree. I really did fall in love! 


I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with a tree, but it is and if you listen very carefully, she has so many lessons to teach. And this will be the central focus of my new book.


I'm not sure how many books, or if I will hand make them, or how it will work but for now all I know is that I am writing a book about my relationship with a tree in France 
and that I like making books.

 

I think these 2 things fit together well.



Off course, through Parlor Press, my community publishing company, I have made it possible for literally 1000's of people to be published over the last 15 years but this time, it is me that I am empowering to live the dream. 


And what is great is that it doesn't feel selfish, or self absorbed, it feels right and kind and loving and self caring.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.