THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Sunday 8 June 2014

Postcards from Louie Book & CD at Private Viewing of 'My Favourite Things' at Greenspace Gallery










 After all the hard work of collating Louie's stories, ethnographically writing poems and stories of her memories, designing the book, recording the songs, going out on location to record environmental sounds, editing and liaising with the printer, I am pleased to say that the launch of 'Postcards from Louie' was a calm and beautiful oasis of loveliness! 


 Here I am with Dorothy Morris next to me. She owns Greenspace Gallery. I went to visit her to tell her about the project and ask her if we could be part of her Favourite Things Exhibition and she very kindly invited us to be the heartbeat of the exhibition, giving me the opportunity to perform the songs and talk about the work in progress.

Also in this photo are Alun & Jill Davies, Louie's son and daughter in law.



Here I am singing the songs



Talking with Hazel Thomas from 
The People's Collection, Wales



And talking with all the guests











Louie's artifacts from throughout her life that informed the ethnographic poems and songs at the heartbeat of the exhibition



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.