THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 9 February 2013

Acoustic Dragon!

 
Some very dear friends of mine live in a beautiful converted school in Blaenavon, South Wales and for many years, I have performed at fund raising evenings in their home, always cram packed full of musicians and poets: old friends
It's a space in which I feel comfortable
to try new things ..

 
So, tonight I took my guitar, my uke and djembe, along with a bag full of percussion and did my Dragon Tree songs completely solo and acoustic.
 

 
It's a great test for a collection of songs if they can stand up on their own, but because I recorded them in the studio and overdubbed lots of instruments that I played myself, for the large productions, I am using pre-recorded tracks, so that everything that I play is showcased.

 
This was my first performance of The Dragon Tree songs acoustically and it went very well ...
Off course, I was absolutely racked with nerves, suffered severe cotton mouth as soon as I sat down, but after a few verses
I could feel myself bedding in!


It certainly has given me the confidence to perform the songs without all the razzamataz!
I know now that I can just sit and tell the stories, sharing the songs ... which makes me feel easier and sort of ... glowing.

 
Although I know most of the gang ... there were so many people there tonight and it was a great opportunity to make new contacts ...
 
will tell you about a fabulous 75 year old author that I met in my next blog!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.